CommScope, Inc. Assembler in Euless, Texas
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to our continued growth and customer demand, we are currently seeking a qualified, interested and available Assembler I for a position located in Euless, Texas.
JOB DUTIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Assembles, inspects, and packages a variety of cable and antenna products and related components and accessories.
• May assemble some components using mechanical aids such as presses, jigs, etc.
• Depending on product may make electrical connections per instructions.
• As required, uses hand or power tools, soldering irons, packaging equipment, etc. to complete assignment(s).
• In accordance with work orders, job directions and dimensional drawings, retrieves components and/or supplies from designated area and sets up work area.
• Moves completed work to assigned location(s).
• Completes required job control, inventory, and related reports.
• Maintains assigned work area and equipment in a safe and professional manner.
• Provides guidance to less experienced Assemblers in job setup, proper technique, safe work habits, etc.
• May trains associates and demonstrate proper procedures and practices.
• Employee is responsible for determining if he/she has adequate information and materials to complete task as directed.
• Employee may assist less experienced Assemblers in identifying equipment or material problems.
• Questions regarding equipment operation, materials, assembly methods, etc. are referred to the Operations Supervisor and/or Operations Manager.
• As needed for the specific assignment, may have to use hand tools or operate bench mounted power assist tools (e.g. presses, etc.) to complete work assignment(s).
• May use pallet jacks, rolling storage units, or other materials moving equipment, etc. to move raw materials and finished goods.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred
• One (1) to Three (3) years’ manufacturing / assembly experience required.
• Required skills include ability to understand dimensional drawings and assembly diagrams.
• Good verbal & written communication skills required.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to stand and reach with hands and arms. Position may regularly be required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift, with assistance, up to 100 pounds.
PLANNED WORKING SCHEDULE:
• Work schedule: 4:00pm - 2:30am (Monday - Thursday).
• Overtime may be required based on business need.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.